Sunday, December 4, 2011

Captain America: The First Avenger /Rated PG-13/

Synopsis:  In 1942 America enters World War II and nerdy, but determined Steve Rodgers (Chris Evans) has yet again been rejected from being a miliatry recruit once again. Although when scientist Dr. Erkine asks him to be the subject in a top secert project called Project Rebirth, his strength is enhanced and his courage brightens. Dr. Erkine is assassinated by an angent of the Nazi's head of the secret research department HYDRA, who is fearless leader Johann Schmidt (Hugo Weaving) a.k.a. the Red Skull. So Steve Rodgers is left a lonely, humiliated war mascot. When his commrades call, Steve must acommpany them to destroy HYDRA, will Steve make it out, or will the American's make a noble fall?

I give this movie out of a 1-10 scale a: 7: I have heard from may other people Marvel Studios wasted their money remaking all their characters into better movies such as Iron Man, Thor, and X-Men: First Class, with the exception of the three Spiderman films, (which were amazing in my opinon) and yet I really enjoyed this movie. The special effects were very well done, and I liked how they showed the back story of how Captain America came to be. He wasn't some buff hunk who was destined to be a hero. He is just wimpy Steve Rodgers who didn't have a chance in a million years to do anything right. They almost made the movie as if it could be real! It's not fantasy, I think it's sci-fi because of all the advanced technology. Although my favorite aspect was the twist ending which I won't ruin for you so you can see it. In my opinon out of all the Marvel characters I never really never cared much about Captain America, let alone knew who he was. Now I actually kind of think he's cool after seeing the movie. I was and I am still more into Batman, Spiderman, and Hulk. This movie was even better then it normally would've been, because I saw it with just my friend, (no adults!) which was cool. I'd like to tell you one more thing that I enjoyed, as I said in my synopsis even after Steve Rodgers becomes superhuman he still isn't noticed much, because he becomes a cheesy mascot. Athough after how good the movie was I rated it a seven for a reason, I don't think the main actors and actresses were good picks for the star roles like Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell, and Hugo Weaving. I just think that they could have used other people. So, Captain America: The First Avenger is on D.V.D. everywhere now! I am exicted for the film to come on T.V. because I would love to see it again.

About the Stars: Chris Evans: Chris Evans has starred in several movies that are not well known, although he has played the role as Johnny Storm a.k.a. The Human Torch in Fantasic Four from 2005 and Fantansic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer from 2007. Chris Evans will also be starring as Captain America once again in The Avengers which is in post production now, but it will be realsed in 2012. 

About the Stars: Hugo Weaving: Hugo Weaving has starred in so many popular movies! Here is a short list of his most famous ones: All three Lord of the Rings where he is Eldrod, Happy Feet 1 and 2 where he is the voice of Noah the Elder, Transformers 1, 2, 3 and the new one which will come out maybe this year number 4 in 3D, and finally both in post production, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again!

Check out this trailer!



No comments:

Post a Comment